Fair value accounting and tax reporting standards are continually evolving and becoming more complex, with value measurements attracting greater scrutiny from regulators than ever before. We take away the guesswork related to compliance and risk management and help you assess value in complex situations.
Our valuation leaders have decades of combined experience and have worked in some of the largest valuation practices and accounting firms in the United States and abroad. We build integrity and accuracy into fair value and fair market value estimates while developing and implementing controls that reduce your reporting risks. We help you accurately report fair / fair market values for business combinations, share-based compensation reporting, impairment testing and measurement, fresh-start accounting, related-party transactions to name a few.
A track record of success.
We are supported by a technical accounting team and the largest independent tax practice outside of the global accounting firms, to monitor accounting pronouncements, tax regulations and assist with interpretation of rules, standards and regulations. We have successfully completed multinational, multi-billion-dollar financial reporting assignments involving U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other accounting standards, as well as the most complex domestic and international tax valuations for reorganizations, restructurings, carve-outs and spinoffs.
Specific services include:
- Pre-deal independent valuation and pricing support
- Business combinations (allocation of purchase price)
- Intangible assets valuations
- Real and personal property
- Non-controlling interests
- Deferred revenue
- Contingent consideration
- Fresh start accounting
- Impairment testing of goodwill and long-lived assets
- Equity securities issued as compensation – ASC 718/§409A
- Intellectual property
- Golden parachute exclusions – non-compete agreements
- Complex financial instruments